The role of the Competence Center is to offer companies a mapping of the needs for education, to provide study materials, including electronic education, and to develop methods for evaluating the results of education. The Competence Center, in collaboration with educators, upper secondary schools and universities, is also working on the development of a curriculum in the formal school system for the preparation of jobs in tourism.
The fitness center operates on the basis of the tourism industry and in collaboration with stakeholders.
The values of the Fitness Center are: Professionalism - Cooperation - Solutions
- To work on the basis of the tourism industry to strengthen the skills and professionalism of managers and staff and thus promote increased quality, a positive image and profitability of the industry.
- Identify educational needs, develop solutions, form relationships and increase collaboration on education and training.
- To promote effective education in accordance with the needs of the industry and make the benefits of it visible.
- The development of skills in tourism is based on criteria and in line with the needs and development of the industry and society.
- Tourism is a desirable job platform where opportunities for career development are offered.
- The tourism industry has excellent qualified staff.
- From now on - a center for lifelong learning
- Fræðslunetið - lifelong learning in the South
- Let's do better - the capital area and the South
- Lifelong learning center in Suðurnes
- Mímir lifelong learning - the capital area
- The Lifelong Learning Center in Western Iceland
- SÍMEY - Eyjafjörður Lifelong Learning Center
- Þingeyingar Knowledge Network
- RM Consulting
- Ministry of Culture and Trade
- East Bridge
- UI Continuing Education Institute
- Farskólinn - a center for lifelong learning in the Northwest
- The Business Education Center
- Westfjords Education Center
- IÐAN training center
- Ministry of Education and Culture
- Tourism Association
- Lifelong RU - Open University
- Lifelong learning at Bifröst University
- Lifelong learning at the University of Akureyri
- Lifelong Learning Center of the Westman Islands
- Vocational training fund for retail and office workers
- Labor force
- Awake - the quality system of tourism
- Compass - a toolbox in human resource management